Planning Your Trip
Planning Your Flight
Pellston Regional Airport (PLN – Pellston, MI) – 17 miles / 17 minutes to Mackinac City ferry docks.
Mackinaw Shuttle – www.mackinawshuttle.com, 231-539-7005. Reservations required.
Getting to the Island
Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry
As a carrier for Mission Point, Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry will offer the guests of Optometric Education Consultants exceptional service. St. Ignace and Mackinaw City locations both offer parking for a nightly fee of $10.00 for off-site parking and $30.00 for dockside parking. Off-site parking is very convenient and operates much like airport transportation. The ferry ride is approximately 16 minutes. Please visit the Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry website for ferry schedule & plan your travel itinerary accordingly. You may also like Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry on Facebook to receive updates and further information.
- Parking your car: Mackinac Island is car free! Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry offers a nightly fee of $10.00 for off-site parking and $30.00 for dockside parking.
- View The Ferry Schedule HERE: On most days the ferry runs every 30 mins and the last ferry or the day is around 8pm. To view the day’s specific schedule, visit the website HERE.
Your Luggage & Transportation
Horse Drawn Carriage & Shuttle Service
With every ferry that pulls into the harbor there is a hotel shuttle that transports guests & luggage to the resort. This service is estimated at $7.00, per person, and cash is paid directly to the driver. For special requests please call Mackinac Island Carriage Tours Taxi at 906-847-3323. This service is not owned, or operated, by Mission Point Resort. The distance between the ferry dock & resort is less than 3⁄4 mile for those who wish to enjoy a leisurely stroll through downtown where shopping, dining & site seeing are flourishing. Luggage items will still be taken to the resort by the shuttle. Please note that the carriage changes horses between 12:30-2pm. There will be a delay in luggage delivery and shuttles will not be available.
- Horse Drawn Carriage Shuttle from ferry to hotel is available for estimated $7.00 / person cash.
- Mission Point Resort is only 3/4 mile from ferry dock if you enjoy the walk (take a right on the main street from the ferry dock)!
Luggage Transfer From Mainland to the Resort
- Upon arrival to the ferry dock, all vehicles and guests will be greeted by a Shepler’s dock porter
- Dock porters will unload all luggage items and tag them with a Mission Point Resort tag
- All luggage items will be loaded onto a cart and the guest will receive luggage claim tickets for all items
- Upon arrival to the island, the cart with luggage items will be taken to the resort by horse drawn carriage
- Guests will have the option to walk to the resort or take a horse drawn shuttle service. The distance is approximately 3⁄4 mile
- Be sure to pack a light carry on with items such as: umbrella, sunscreen and outer wear
- Upon arrival to the hotel, Guest Services will deliver your luggage to your guest room
- Mission Point’s Hotel Concierge can be reached at email@example.com or at (906) 847-3007